Elite High School Prep (Grade 6, 7 & 8)
What is the Elite High School Prep Program?
The SKPC Elite High School Prep program has been designed for athletes’ in grades 6 to 8 that need to build basic strength and movement skills to succeed at the high school level. By the time the typical athlete reaches high school they likely haven’t had a chance to learn the basics – how to run and jump the right way, among others – which may be holding them back from playing at their best or even enjoying sports at all.
As the parent of a middle school athlete, you have a lot of difficult decisions to make. It is very difficult to find the right high school, the right travel teams, and the right training programs to make sure that your son/daughter has every opportunity to succeed, not only right now, but later in life as well. The skills, habits, and principles that are instilled at this age can transform who they become as they get older.
The SKPC Elite High School Prep Program was created with the goal of taking young, inexperienced athletes and giving them the skills and confidence that they will need to succeed now, in high school, and for the rest of their lives.
The athletes training journey will begin with our exclusive assessment process which gives every athlete a customized program for their goals, needs and abilities. This customization will make sure the athletes’ current strengths are maintained and their weaknesses are corrected. Coaches keep a customized binder on each athlete to track progress and tailor their training as they improve. All SKPC Elite High School Prep programs have a maximum of 6 athletes per coach.
The SKPC Elite High School Prep athlete will learn the following:
- Proper Running Techniques so athletes can be their fastest on the field and learn how to stop and change direction so they can speed past defenders and make more plays
- Proper Warm-Up Techniques so athletes can avoid injury
- Proper Strength Training so athletes will become stronger leading to greater success in high school
- Proper Nutrition Guidelines so athletes will finally learn what foods to eat and avoid for optimal performance
- Mental Toughness Training that teaches each athlete how to improve their confidence, sharpen their focus, lower performance anxiety, establish proper goal setting techniques and maximize their motivation so they can succeed both on and off the field
How do you get started?
Before training begins every athlete will go through a thorough assessment which includes:
- Goal Setting Session where the athlete works with a coach to set their short and long term goals
- Functional Movement Screen revealing what athletes can improve in order to stay as healthy as possible
- Athlete Performance Testing which will evaluate speed, strength, ability, coordination, explosiveness, and endurance
- Program Selection where the coach, parent and athlete will work together to find the optimal program
After this initial assessment the athlete and their family will know exactly what they need to work on to be their absolute best.